With no standardised reporting across the Officeworx group, many tasks having to be done manually and taking up several hours of time, their accounting software setup presented various challenges which needed to be overcome.
The Officeworx group of companies, comprising of Officeworx Ltd, FinnTelecom Ltd and Knights & Hyde Ltd, were using separate accounting programs with just Finn Telecom making use of cloud accounting software.
Paul Berry, Group Director, investigated the use of Xero after reading about it online. Approaching us, Paul discussed solutions with Shaun, his Client Relationship Manager, and Alex, our Outsourcing Manager, to gauge their thoughts. Xero was our recommendation as the right solution to implement and as Xero gold partners we are equipped to offer specialist advice. By chance, at the same time the various back office software providers used by Officeworx all released Xero integrations, so timing could not have been better!
The major advantages of the migration to Xero for Officeworx include:
- By having one login and one software programme to learn, reporting is all in one place and is standardised.
- Work can be completed from any location using the web browser.
- Many tasks are automated which saves vast amounts of time.
- All data is backed up in the cloud so the team can work from anywhere in the event of local network issues or fire.
- Invoices can be emailed from Xero saving time and improving cashflow.
- Shaun can monitor their accounts online instead of Officeworx having to send paper reports each month to him.
- Any year end journals can be completed by Shaun remotely.
- Payroll is integrated with the accounts system to eliminate data double-entry.
“The input from Shaun and Alex was invaluable. They helped with the Xero setup and migration of data from the old systems. They now provide ongoing support.”
Paul Berry of Officeworx