Bennetts Tower Cranes are a regular feature on the Gloucestershire skyline
In the run-up to our invite-only celebratory evening on 7 February with the winners the Gloucestershire Business Awards last year, we continue to look at each of the winners and what it was about their entry which led to their win.
Here we explain why Bennetts Tower Cranes are deserving winners of the Growth Business award and share their growth story with you:
Bennetts Tower Cranes – Winner of Growth Business of the Year 2018
Key business points:
- Tower crane hire and sales company working with residential and commercial builders across the UK.
- Established in 2008, Bennetts has grown to be one of the UK’s leading specialist tower crane companies.
- Office based in Sharpness with yard and test facility.
- 65 staff – mix of skilled and manual site workers, and office-based staff.
- Ranked in the Financial Times FT1000: Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies, listed in the ‘South West Fast Growth 50’ and the London Stock Exchange’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.
The winning entry:
Bennetts’ USP is offering expert advice and support on complex and bespoke lifting solutions, delivering the most practical tower crane for their customers’ sites, as well as offering a skilled erection crew and operators.
Bennetts has seen rapid revenue and profit growth of around 170 per cent in the last three years which is the largest growth in their industry.
The growth has led to the expansion of the team, going from 23 to 65 employees, as well as an increase in the range of equipment, an upgrade of their Sharpness-based site and has facilitated a full re-brand.
The re-brand included a new corporate identity, website and social media channels. They have had a lot of local and national publicity due to their ranking in the FT1000: Fastest Growing Companies in Europe list and the South West Fast Growth 50 and have sponsored the Construction News Awards and work with industry publications.
Working at height in the high-risk construction sector means that best practice in health and safety is at the core of everything they do. They have achieved BSi certifications for Quality, Environmental Management and Occupational Health and safety over the last year.