Firmly established as one of the county’s most prestigious awards for over two decades, the Gloucestershire Live Business Awards is your chance to show how great your business is. But with so many incredible firms vying for the attention of the judges, you must ensure your nomination stands out.
We are proud to be headline sponsor the Gloucestershire Live Business Awards for our ninth year and category sponsor for ‘Business of the Year’.
This means we have some insider information that can help you get ahead with your award entry. We asked our very own Tim Watkins, who is a member of the judging panel, for his top tips on creating the perfect entry. Here is what he said:
- Make sure you keep to the word count
- Don’t forget to ensure you have satisfied the entry criteria
- Check you have provided the supporting material which has been requested
- If entering multiple categories, make sure your entries have a point of difference
- Ask someone who is unfamiliar with the content to read it through for you to check it makes sense
- Try to avoid leaving it until the last minute and plan time to work on your entry
- Make sure it is interesting to read and shows your passion
- Don’t assume the judges know your business
- Back up your claims with supporting evidence
- Add a bit of colour and/or visuals if relevant to bring it to life
Will Abbott, partner and head of business advisory, is clear about the advantages from entering the awards. He said: “The awards provide a chance to publicise success locally, provide a good news story for your staff and also provide a structured chance to assess where you are as a business and quantify the benefits you have delivered to your customers.
“Many people shy away from entering awards, thinking they won’t have a chance to win, or that it may take a lot of time to enter their nomination.
“After winning an award ourselves and helping many other businesses enter, I can say that it’s something definitely worth doing.”
To view all the categories and to put your business forward visit glosbusinessawards.co.uk/
Entries close on Tuesday 29 June.