To support businesses through a period of financial uncertainty as a result of the disruption caused by COVID-19, the government have introduced the following measures:
- Statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs;
- A 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England;
- Small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief;
- Grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000;
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank;
- A new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge Coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans;
- The HMRC Time To Pay Scheme.
Further information relating to these measures can be found on the following links:
How we can help
For those businesses who would like further advice in respect of these measures or those who do not meet the criteria of the facilities referenced above, our advisors at Randall & Payne are on hand to support and guide you through this turbulent time. If you are expecting your business to experience financial difficulty over the coming months and you require cash flow support, now is the time to pick up the phone.
Working with Capitalise, a funding platform with access to more than 100 mainstream and UK lenders, we can help you access finance quickly and help you gather the information you need to make an application. Additionally, for more substantial lending requirements, we can prepare forecasts to support your credit application and in a way that banks welcome and expect in order to hasten the application process.
On the other hand, if your business does not require a funding facility but you are looking to maintain profitability by reducing costs, we can prepare multiple result financial forecasts to assess your position under different scenarios. This will allow you to ensure your business can continue to run efficiently and effectively for the foreseeable future.
More information will follow on our website as further information becomes available.
We urge you to get in contact to talk through your circumstances – drop us a line using our contact form or call 01242 776000.