The 2021 GloucestershireLive Business Awards marked the tenth year that we have been headline sponsor of these prestigious awards.
We were delighted to welcome back the much-loved annual celebration of achievement from the Gloucestershire Business community following their absence in 2020 due to such a challenging period for individuals and businesses alike. We felt grateful to be able to come together for the 23rd awards ceremony, held in the Centaur at the Cheltenham Racecourse, get dressed up again and celebrate face-to-face once more!
Our managing partner, Tim Watkins said: “A win this year feels even more momentous after last year’s awards had to be cancelled due to such difficult circumstances.
“It’s been such a special evening celebrating the success and resilience of our business community. Congratulations to all the winners – and the finalists should also feel extremely proud of their achievement.”
Our host for the evening, magician and television presenter, Ben Hanlin kept us entertained with his fantastic tricks and entertaining style of presenting. Ben introduced our annual video, recorded as the message from the headline sponsor, after the three-course dinner and appeared to be well-received by the audience going by their applause (and laughter!).
The chosen charity for the night was Scoo-B-Doo, which is our corporate charity, and the money raised during the event will help us to hit our target of £15,000 to buy an incubator for the neonatal unit at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. Faye Hatcher, BBC Gloucestershire Radio presenter, kindly offered to be a part of the charity video along with staff who work on the unit to raise awareness about the charity’s important work for families with sick and premature babies. Thank you to everyone who kindly donated on the night.
The winners of the 2021 GloucestershireLive Business Awards:
- Business of the Year – Spirax Sarco
- Family Business of the Year – Badham Pharmacy
- Small Business of the Year – Leaf Creative Design
- Start-Up Business of the Year – Prosperity Care and Wellbeing
- Business Innovation Award – Fire & Flow Coffee
- Best Place to Work Award – Vanessa Arbuthnott Fabrics
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award – The Beeswax Wrap Co.
- Best Employee Award – Paul Dixon, Mill House Care and Dementia Care Home
- Business in the Face of Adversity Special Award – The Cheltenham Trust
- Local Business Hero – Paul Dixon, Mill House Care & Dementia Home
- Young Business Person of the Year – Oliver Bruce, PinPoint Media
- GloucestershireLive Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr Diane Savory, OBE DL, chair at Gloucestershire local enterprise partnership GFirst LEP
- Special Recognition Award For The Great Work Of The NHS In Gloucestershire During The Covid Pandemic – Gloucestershire NHS, accepted by Peter Lachecki, chair of Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on behalf of all the 9,000 NHS workers in the county
Thank you to Emma Slee, Hannah Baker, Louise Symonds, Simone Joynes and the rest of the team at Reach Plc who made the event such a success and the photos used were taken for the GloucestershireLive Business Awards by Anna Lythgoe.
Finally congratulations again to all the winners and finalists of the 23rd GloucestershireLive Business Awards!