We commit to achieving the highest standards with regards to environmental matters arising out of our activities. It is our intention to be at the environmental forefront of our Industry.
All partners, employees and contractors have duties and responsibilities under this Policy, and in order to ensure these responsibilities are met regular reviews of environmental performance shall be carried out.
We recognise that protection of the environment requires commercial activity to be conducted in a sustainable manner. We are fully committed to best environmental practice and take responsibility across all of our business activities and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
We as a company acknowledge these responsibilities and our Company is committed to implementing the actions stated by :
- Publishing our environmental policy
- Ensuring Management accepts ultimate responsibility for the achievement of the intended outcomes of this policy
- Including the requirements of this policy within our strategic business planning.
- Developing a comprehensive Environmental Management System, which ensures compliance with all Environmental Legislation, Regulations, Codes of Practice and any other Standard to which the Company subscribes.
- We also remain committed to the prevention of pollution.
- We have analysed the environmental aspects of our activities and have evaluated their environmental impact. From these impacts we have established clear objectives aimed at continual improvement in our environmental performance which will be monitored through periodic auditing and management reviews.
- We are committed to the continual development of the Environmental Management System.
We recognise our key impacts to be in the areas of:
- Energy use
- Water Use
- Waste management and disposal
- Procurement – equipment, office supplies, refreshments
- Local community
- Deleterious materials – garden, cleaning materials
We will strive to manage these impacts at the same time meeting all relevant legislative requirements, through:
- Ongoing review and assessment of our activities thereby identifying areas of environmental impact.
- Minimisation of waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy, and adopting the principles of ‘reduce, reuse and recycle’.
- The purchase of sustainable products wherever feasible [e.g. recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources].
- The training of employees in good environmental practice and the encouragement of employee involvement in environmental action.
- The adoption of an environmentally sound transport strategy.
- The reduction in risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
- The development of solutions for environmental problems.
- The inclusion of environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate.
The Environmental Management System will develop over time so that all key issues pertinent to our Company will be addressed. The Environmental Management System will reflect the Policy Objectives and supporting programmes.