Our specialist medical division is led by Simon Dudfield. Simon and his team have a wealth of experience in advising medical practices, GPs and consultants. You can take advantage of our expertise including a full range of accounting, taxation and business advisory services designed specifically for medical practices and practitioners.
Specialist Medical Division
When it comes to accounting, the medical sector is unlike any other business or profession. Consider the following that need special attention:
- surgery financing and development
- NHS and private pensions
- NHS and non-NHS Income structure
- dispensing accounting and VAT
- Primary Care Networks
- practice mergers
- personal expense claims
- goodwill regulations
We provide pro-active advice as all of these can impact directly on the profitability of a practice together with the personal finances of the partners.
Even if you are not in practice we can also help Primary Care Networks, Salaried GPs, Consultants, Registrars and other employed members of the medical profession.
Improving financial performance and profitability
We recognise the value and contribution provided by practice managers, business managers and partners. We work closely with them to build a more efficient and profitable practice, whilst easing the pressure upon the principals.
As members of the Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants, AISMA, we have access to powerful nationwide and regional statistical information. This enables us to benchmark your practice and provide you with focused advice on improving financial performance.
Through our experience in medical accounting we can identify tax saving and planning opportunities so that you can build a stronger, healthier practice. We appreciate the time pressures involved in running a practice so our advice will be concise, pertinent and effective.
At your convenience
We will work around your schedule and make ourselves available for appointments when it is convenient to you, responding promptly and personally to any query you may have.
Because we are an independent specialist firm, our services are competitive, and we will be pleased to agree fees in advance.
Our services are not just for Doctors in practice
If you are a Consultant, Salaried GP, Registrar or other employed member of the medical profession you can also benefit from our specialist personal tax service. We can:
- prepare your annual tax returns
- advise on claims and planning opportunities
- prepare type 2 certificates of pensionable income
Specialist advice need not be expensive. At Randall & Payne’s specialist medical division our systems enable us to deal with your affairs efficiently and cost-effectively. We are pleased to agree fees in advance, so there are no hidden surprises.
For further information or a free initial consultation please contact our specialist medical division director: Simon Dudfield.
Our specialist Medical accountancy and tax services include:
- tax planning to minimise liabilities
- partnership and personal returns
- planning for pension annual allowances and lifetime allowances
- Annual Certificates of Pensionable Profits
- estimates of pensionable profits
- Partnership Matters
- advice on partnership agreements
- advice on partnership changes and disputes
- optimising profit allocation
- timely and efficient accounts preparation
- benchmarking your financial performance
- providing an early indication of tax and superannuation contributions based on the accounts
- Management Accounts and Budgeting
- preparation and interpretation of management accounts and budgets
- drawings budgets
- Practice Performance Review
- review of your financial position and statistical analysis and comparisons
- Practice Financing
- practice and surgery financial structure
- IT Systems
- selection and implementation of appropriate financial reporting systems
- Practice Management
- practice development opportunities advice
- advising on practice mergers
- VAT Planning
- for dispensing practices
- new surgery developments
- for primary care networks
- Retirement Planning
- tax-efficient pension planning
- planning for final pay controls
- planning for Lifetime Allowances
Meet Our Team
Download the latest AISMA Doctor Newsline which is published each quarter
We are members of the Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants, AISMA, a national network of over 75 firms providing expert advice to medical practices, sessional GPs and hospital doctors. Click the button below to download a PDF of the latest version of the AISMA Doctor Newsline.