If you find self assessment tax returns confusing, need advice on inheritance tax or are struggling with personal tax planning our expert team are on hand to take the stress out of it all.
We know that there’s no ‘one size fits all’ approach to tax, so we get to know you and your short- and longer-term goals, recommend solutions that will suit your needs, and monitor your situation to make sure we’re keeping you compliant.
Personal tax compliance
If you’re a landlord, self-employed, a sole trader, in a partnership, a company director or someone that receives dividends, you’re legally obliged to file self assessment tax returns. Whatever your situation, we’ll help you stay compliant and minimise your liabilities while providing an ethical solution.
Our expert team can assist with any compliance issues by:
- Providing advice on minimising tax
- Calculating capital gains tax
- Corresponding with HMRC
- Planning your pension
- Preparing self assessment tax returns
- Advising on tax credits and preparing claims
- Calculating liabilities and advising you of payments
- Giving advice on stamp duty
- Advising on UK tax implications around residency issues
Increasing property prices are making inheritance tax more complex, so it’s worth speaking to us to find out how inheritance tax may affect you. Even though many households may face less inheritance tax due to the changes in the tax regime in recent years, you could still be subject to tax at a rate of 40%.
Although our advice can potentially enhance the value of assets you can pass to your loved ones, we don’t promote schemes, and our tax planning is based on ethical opportunities – giving you peace of mind.
The following opportunities are just some of the ways in which we can help you to reduce potential inheritance tax liabilities:
- Tax-efficient wills
- Share reorganisations in private limited companies
- Lifetime gifts
- Planning in respect of the family home
- Transferring business assets
- Transferring assets
- Agricultural review to ensure relief conditions are met
Our team are highly experienced in handling trusts and estates – Trish Clements holds qualifications from the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and we are proud to have experts in farming and residency and domicile as part of our firm.